Saturday, June 11, 2011

Introducing... Me!

The Internet allows people to have just about any identity they want. For me though, I’m super happy with the life I have and the person I am and I don’t see any reason to hide it. I realized today that it might be a little strange to read my opinions and thoughts on this blog without knowing anything about me, so I thought I’d take this post to kind of introduce myself. My name is Jamie, I’m 21, Aquarius, my favorite musician is Ben Folds, my favorite color is yellow, and while I could tell you more meaningless facts I think I’ll tell you something a little more interesting.

Someone once described my life as a crazy circus with a host of sideshow characters that float in and out of it. I have found that to be incredibly true. I was never a popular kid in school, which I think is an unspoken invitation to the universe to send a bunch of ridiculous people my way to keep things interesting. If anybody is coming home with a story at the end of the day, it’s usually me. Today for instance, I witnessed an attempted robbery on an outlet store that was debunked by a bunch of saleswomen right before it happened. There was a getaway car and everything. That’s just a normal day in my life though. 

I love to be surrounded and consumed by laughter. I have a very dry and sarcastic sense of humor so jokes that involve bodily functions or physical violence are not up my alley. I’m also the LAST person you want to play a prank on. I’m having trouble thinking of a single prank that I have ever found funny. If somebody pranks me, I have a hard time finding the ability to forgive. Haha, everyone reading this probably wants to toilet paper my house now. As long as you can keep up a conversation and know how to be honest and able to laugh until you cry, we’ll probably get along just fine!

One of my passions and probably what makes me the happiest, other than my beautiful 2-year-old niece, is traveling. So far I have been to England, Sweden, Denmark, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Mexico, and across most of the United States. In January I’ll be going to Australia to visit the friends I made during my semester abroad in Hatfield, UK. I’ve had hot chocolate on top of the Alps, seen my favorite musical in two countries, had a Big Mac in eight different countries and stood in the middle of four states at once. I can’t wait to travel more. I think southern Asia will probably be next on my list.

So that’s me in a very tiny package. I hope you’ll feel at least somewhat of a better understanding or connection to my posts now. If not, at least you can put a face with the words.


Bye for now, ya'll!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been to so many different countries. That's awesome! I want to travel a lot like you one day... maybe next summer? I agree with you when you say that most people hide their true identity on the internet... I always think it's so funny when people photoshop pictures and have to get just the right angle. It's like, "c'mon, just take a normal picture!" Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aquarius eh?
    I definitely have strong desire to see the entire world and some of the places you've have enticed me for a while. I imagine the UK is great; hopefully I get to go there for next summer's abroad program. Japan is the only place in Asia I've been and I've been wanting to venture to middle east since the 9th grade. Thanks for revealing a little about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie! I love how someone once described your life as a crazy circus with a host of sideshow characters that float in and out of it. I also thought it was kinda funny how you mentioned that you witnessed an attempted robbery and how it was totally normal and then right after starting talking about how you love to be surrounded and consumed by laughter hahah. I thought that this was a very cool post though, especially since we chat together every week and it's nice to actually know more about who you are talking to =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,
    I loved your post this week! That's awesome that you have traveled so many places! I am so jealous you're going to Australia. That is my "dream vacation" destination. I can't believe you saw a robbery...were you scared?! I enjoyed getting to know you more through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is so great. I have followed your blog very closely I just love your posts. I think it's great you chose to share with the class your identity to the class. You should be proud of who you are because from what I've read you're an amazing girl and I envy your life. I would love to travel but I have a fear of being alone a lot. I feel like it would be amplified if I was in a foreign country. But more props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie! This post was great! You seem like such a well rounded person! Can I say that I'm super jealous that you have traveled to so many countries?! I love traveling and have traveled a lot myself, but nearly as much as you have! I was never the popular kid in high school either which I think has also lead me to have "run-ins" with some of the most interesting people ever. I wouldn't change it for anything! AND your picture is super pretty!
    PS.
    What is your favorite musical? I love musicals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I am extremely jealous of all the places you have been! I have always wanted to travel, but my family has never been financially sound enough to go abroad. I feel like I relate to you so much because I was never truly popular in grade school or even now. I hung out with popular people, but I wasn't homecoming queenor anything. I am also very sarcastic in practically every response I give or any situation I talk about. Luckily, I think people pick up on it.. most of the time :) In being this way, I have also had many people come in an out of my life. I don't even speak to my "best friends" of four years in high school as they are completely different people. Lastly, if you ever go to Spain, take me with you! I'm dying to go :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say that I really envy you right now. You’ve almost been completely around the globe! That’s a wonderful life and one I hope to live someday for myself in the future. You sound like a pretty laid back, easy going and fun to be around type of person. I definitely said something similar in ‘background info’ section of my blog. I as well NEED to be around people who make me laugh, or at the least know how to enjoy life. Though my sense of humor is pretty out there (pretty much any kind of vulgarity involved makes me laugh—its guilty pleasure) and I would have to try to pull at least one prank on you (haha sorry but it’s my nature) you sound like someone I would normally hang out with. Keep loving and living life and enjoy the rest of your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a funny post. You seem like a lovely person, and a kind soul who has a sense of humor, which is hard to come by apparently. I'm glad you've enjoyed your life and I hope you are looking forward to the rest. I know I am. Personally, I've never been popular and for the most part don't enjoy looking back over my years, but I've learned a lot from my experiences and I can't wait for the next few decades of my life. I want to travel as you have as well. I've been as far as Niagara Falls outside of the U.S. border. So I have a little more to see..

    ReplyDelete